By: Susan Kingston, RHN – Montreal, QC
I would like to share a delicious Scallop recipe for all of you seafood lovers out there. Packed with healthy fats for the brain and iodine for the thyroid, it’s a winner! Add it to a huge Caesar salad and some cocktail shrimp, and you will be pleasantly fulfilled –Enjoy!
Yields: 2 small servings
- 1 pound scallops
- 3 TBSP coconut oil (or butter, if dairy-tolerant)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or 10% cream, if dairy-tolerant)
- Small handful fresh basil
- Small handful of fresh chives
- Six sun-dried tomatoes
- cracked pepper to taste
- a sprinkle of salt
- 1 TBSP chickpea flour
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients except scallops in the saucepan, and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add scallops and simmer 2 minutes each side.
- Add 1 tbsp chickpea flour and stir in with a fork until all lumps are gone.
- Continue to cook gently for a minute or two, stirring, to thicken.