By: Susan Kingston, RHN – Montreal, QC
A quick and easy pancake recipe, free of allergens – and yummy too!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yields: 4 medium-sized pancakes
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 egg or 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 banana, mashed
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Butter, ghee or coconut oil for greasing
- Whisk together the flour, water, egg, banana, baking soda, and salt until all the clumps are gone from the batter.
- Heat a pan or skillet over a burner set to medium with some butter, ghee or coconut oil.
- Scoop about 1/4 C of the batter into the pan to make one pancake–fit as many in as you can as they spread
- Cook until the edges firm up and bubbles come through the batter. Flip and cook for another 15-20 seconds until the other side has set. Repeat until all the batter is used up.