By: Suzanne Brett, RHN – Victoria, BC
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced medium thick
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed or chopped fine
- 1 TBSP organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 TBSP minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups small broccoli florets, cut into about 1/2-inch pieces with no stem
- 1 lb cod filet, cut into 1-inch pieces (use thick filets)
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP sesame, pumpkin, chia or hemp seeds
- 2 stalks of fresh scallions, chopped
Sweet n’ Sour Sauce:
- 3 TBSP Bragg’s soy sauce, wheat-free tamari or coconut liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mirin rice wine
- 2 TBSP chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 TBS raw unpasteurized honey
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice onion and mince garlic, and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients and simmer in a small saucepan over high heat for about 15 minutes, reducing it to half the volume. Set aside. This will intensify the flavor.
- While sauce is reducing, prepare the rest of ingredients.
- Heat 1 TBSP broth in a stainless steel wok or large skillet. Sautee onion in broth for 1 minute over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add garlic, ginger, and cod and continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and continue to stir-fry for another minute.
- Add cabbage and continue to stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, stirring when needed.
- Add sweet n’ sour sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with desired seeds and chopped scallions.