By: Susan Kingston, RHN, NNCP – Montreal, QC
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 5 mashed bananas
- 1/2 -3/4 cup maple syrup or other natural sweetener
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 6 TBSP yogurt or apple sauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter the baking dish.
- Mix the chickpea flour and baking powder (and some cinnamon if desired) together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs, maple syrup, natural yogurt (or apple sauce), mashed bananas and butter together until well combined and pour into the dry mixture.
- Stir until the wet and dry ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the batter into a bread loag pan. Bake the bread in the oven for 1 hr and check with a toothpick, as it may need 10 minutes more.