By: Hollie M. Hunt-Last, D. C’Ed. ROHP/RHN – Moncton, NB
“Do you like zucchini bread? Carrot cake? Banana bread? Wondering which one to make but can’t choose? Why decide between them when you can wrap them all up into one loaf? This is a perfect accompaniment to a rainy day and a cup of tea …”
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup raw organic sugar
- ¾ cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ½ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Optional ingredients : 1/3 cup walnuts, ¼ cup currents or raisins
- Spices and flavorings : 1 TBSP vanilla extract, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp cinnamon
- Shred carrot and zucchini in advance.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease two loaf pans with oil.
- Combine all wet ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients into mixture, blending well.
- Pour into loaf pans.
- Cook for 45 to 60 minutes at 375°.
Note: this is a very moist loaf. If some spots seem to be uncooked, return to oven and monitor. It is not a firm holding loaf. Loaf sets more firmly with cooling .