By: Suzanne Brett, RHN – Victoria, BC
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into ½” rounds
- 1cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 TBSP almond butter or tahini
- 1 1/2 TBSP honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp orange zest finely grated
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Boil or steam carrot until very tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds, toast, stirring or shaking pan frequently, until seeds turn from green to brown and begin to pop.
- Pour seeds into a food processor. Let cool briefly until nearly warm.
- Process seeds into a fine powder.
- Add carrot, almond butter, honey, salt, orange zest and cinnamon to food processor. Process until smooth for about 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl a few times.
Use as a dip, spread or to fill the insides of raw celery sticks…but mostly, ENJOY!