By: Suzanne Brett, RHN – Victoria,BC
Yields: approx. 2 cups
- 2 cups roughly chopped garlic scapes, buds removed
- ½ cup olive oil + more for desired consistency
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1/3 cup walnuts, almonds or pumpkin seeds
- ¼ tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh basil (optional)
- Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and blend well, leaving a wee bit of texture. Do not blend to complete puree.
- Garnish with a few thinly sliced scapes or buds.
Serve with your favourite chips, crackers, or veggies, or as a garnish on soup, in wraps, sandwiches or veggies patties.