By: Susan Kingston, RHN, NNCP – Montreal, QC
Ever wonder where Lemonade got its name? Lemon-Aid! My take on this was it was so named because of its liver-cleansing and digestive-supporting properties.
You can easily support your body and brain through simple lemons. When you support your liver and digestion with regular consumption of lemon-aid (fresh, homemade – not the commercial kind), you can clear brain fog, raise your energy level, and also alleviate some allergy symptoms, both inhalant and digestive.
More Benefits of Lemon-Aid:
- strengthens liver enzymes
- aids digestion
- regulates blood carbohydrate levels
- aids in new enzyme production
- contains natural antiseptic that kills harmful bacteria
- is a powerful antioxidant
- exhibits anti-fungal properties
It’s also a very simple but rewarding drink – and perfect as a refreshing summer beverage.
Try this easy recipe to enjoy with family and friends!
Summer Treat Lemon-Aid
Yields: 4 glasses
- Fresh juice of 4-5 lemons
- 10 raspberries
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup if desired to sweeten, or stevia
- 4-5 cups water
- 1 tray of ice
- Blend altogether in blender and drink up!