By: Martine Cormier, RHN – Moncton, NB
Yields: One 9 inch pie
- 2 Cups pecans, soaked for 30 minutes
- 6 large dates, soaked for 15 minutes, pitted (Medjool dates suggested)
- 4 TBSP raw or regular cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 1 tsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- Shredded coconut (optional)
- 3 Cups raspberries
- ½ Cup sliced strawberries
- 3 TBSP agave nectar or maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 1/2 TBSP psyllium husk
- Put all crust ingredients into food processor with S-blade. Mix on high until ball is formed. Press into 9-inch pie pan.
- Put filling ingredients into blender and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour over pie crust, sprinkle with coconut if using, and refrigerate overnight.