By: Amy Roberts, RHN – Moncton, NB
Quinoa is one of my favorite foods! Gluten free, high in protein and easy to prepare. I decided to improvise with some ingredients I had on hand and I’m so glad I did! This would be great as a side dish, or on its own for a light lunch.
- 1 Cup quinoa, soaked or rinsed
- 2 Cups organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth, or water)
- ¼ Cup onion, diced
- 2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary, chopped
- Add all ingredients to a medium sauce pan on medium-high heat.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid has absorbed.
- Season to taste (I usually dress mine with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt).
Note: Allow chopped garlic to sit for 10 minutes prior to cooking, to retain its health benefits.