By: Hollie M. Hunt-Last, D. C’Ed. ROHP/RHN – Moncton, NB
A healthy treat that’s low in sugar and adds to your daily intake of protein and good fats!
- 1 ½ Cups pre-soaked raw almonds
- 1 Cup unsweetened organic coconut
- ½ Cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ Cup Sucanat, + a pinch of Stevia
- ¼ tsp each of vanilla and almond extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ Cup melted coconut oil
- 5 TBSP coconut milk
- ¼ Cup whole spelt flour
- 2 eggs
- Soak raw almonds in water overnight.
- Grind the soaked almonds in a blender, until ground but still chunky.
- Blend all other ingredients together in a bowl and spoon onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15- 20 minutes (oven times will vary – waited to see brown edges)