By: Jodi Lee, RHN, PHEc, MSc – Labarriere, MB
A great staple recipe the whole family can enjoy!
- 6-8 cups stock – homemade is preferable; or choose an organic store bought one without MSG.
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed, skins on
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 can of diced organic tomatoes (or 2-3 cups frozen)
- 2 cups of fresh spinach or chard, roughly torn
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp thyme leaves
- unrefined sea salt, and pepper to taste
- Toss everything but the spinach in a large stock pot.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add spinach and heat until wilted.
- Serve with crusty whole grain gluten-free buns and butter.