By: André Belliveau, RHN – Dieppe, NB
A colourful, gluten-free holiday side dish!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup millet
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 5 tsp Nutritional Yeast (found in health food stores)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp (each) sea salt, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, sage
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add millet, simmer 20 min or until fluffy.
- In a frying pan, cook onion and peppers in coconut oil.
- Add cooked mixture to millet.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Enjoy warm or cold!