By: Deloris Del Rio, Student of Natural Nutrition – Quebec, QC
A flavourful party dip that’s also low in fat and high in protein and fibre. Great served with pita chips, rye crackers, raw veggies – or any combination of party dippers!
- 2 cups cooked (or canned) black eyed peas
- ¼ cup ground sunflower seeds (can use a coffee grinder)
- 1 TBSP garlic, roasted
- 1 TBSP onion, roasted
- 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh herbs (I like to use parsely (Italian flat leaf), basil, and thyme)
- 1 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- olive oil (as needed)
- Place all ingredients in a good blender.
- Purée until smooth, adding oil as needed to make a smooth, but thick mixture.
- Scrape out of the blender, place in serving bowl.
- Garnish with a few roasted sunflower seeds, some fresh herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.