By: Katie Laughlin, student of Holistic Nutrition – Cincinnati, OH, USA
“A grain-free alternative to oatmeal! Also makes a great afternoon snack. You can prepare the recipe and keep it in the fridge and enjoy cold, or warm it up if you’d like! I usually cook two squash and keep the rest for another day.”
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 TBSP Coconut or Almond Milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Top with cinnamon, drizzle of honey, dried blueberries, chopped nuts, etc.
- Cut acorn squash in half, scoop out seeds, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 30-40 minutes (skin-side up) or until pulp is soft.
- With a fork, scrape the pulp away from the flesh of the squash.
- Add milk and vanilla and stir. Top with toppings of your choice, and enjoy!