By: Eva Gionet, RHN – Moncton, NB
A nice light summer salad!
Yields: 3 ½ cups
- ¼ lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2″ lengths
- ½ cup diced carrot
- 3 cups cooked lima beans
- Lemon Tarragon Dressing (recipe under Sauces, Dips and Marinades)
- Cook the green beans in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- In the same water, cook carrots for 1 minute, drain in a colander and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the lima beans, green beans and carrot.
- Drizzle with dressing, stir gently to combine.
- Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.