By: Amanda Bretthauer, RHN – Clinton, BC
“A great way for kids to eat squash!”
- one spaghetti squash, cut into quarters, seeds removed
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 4 TBSP unsweetened applesauce
- 2 TBSP dark brown sugar (Sucanat recommended)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste (it really adds to the dish)
- a few pecans…..or lots!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place squash wedges in a baking dish with 1/2 cup water added to the bottom.
- Mix other ingredients except pecans together and spread onto squash.
- Bake until almost soft (about 20 mins), then sprinkle with pecans and bake until soft and nuts are toasted (about 5-10 more mins).