By: Cheryl Berube, RHN – Dieppe, NB
“Perfect for entertaining!”
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ cup white sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless single chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Whisk egg whites in shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir sesame seeds, salt & pepper.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel and dip each breast into egg whites, coating thoroughly.
- Place breast in sesame seed mixture and press to coat evenly on all sides. Set chicken aside.
- On stovetop, heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sear for 4 min each side, making sure sesame seeds don’t burn.
- Transfer to pan. Cook in oven for 10-12 min or until chicken is cooked through (some ovens may vary).