By: Yvonne Barry-Belliveau, RHN – Dieppe, NB
“A nice light summer salad.”
Yields: 5-6 servings
- ½ cup frozen green peas (or fresh if available)
- 3 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup red pepper chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup shelled hempseeds
- 3 TBSP parsley, cilantro or basil, chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup Simple Cider Vinaigrette (recipe under Sauces, Dips and Marinades)
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Let cool.
- Soak frozen peas in some boiling water. Let sit until peas have warmed through. Drain and pat dry.
- Combine peas with remaining ingredients. Toss through to mix well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in airtight container.
Leave a Reply