By: Melanie Cornacchia, Student of Holistic Nutrition – Toronto, ON
“A great way to enjoy avocado for dessert … anytime of the day!”
Yields: 1-2 servings
- 2 small (or medium) ripe avocados
- ½ TBSP cocoa powder
- ½ TBSP liquid honey (unpasteurized)
- Your choice of fruits – suggestions, apples, orange, banana, pear
- Cut open the avocados, remove pits. Scoop out and place the flesh in a food processor and process for a few seconds.
- Add the cocoa powder and process for a few seconds.
- Remove processor lid and use spatula to move mixture away from the sides. Add the honey and process again.
- Taste and adjust sweetness if you wish.
- Note: The processor may not blend the cocoa well, therefore, remove contents into a bowl and blend with spatula or spoon.
- Enjoy with fruit chunks or slices. Eat after making, or refrigerate and consume the next day.