By: Linda Houle-Robert, RHN – Orleans, ON
“These are easy and nutritious cookies that your child will absolutely love. I especially love these because I can send them to school – yes they are peanut free! “
Yields: about 36 cookies
- 3 ripe bananas, well mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 cups oatmeal flakes
- 2/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/3 cup organic shredded coconut flakes
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips (my fav are Camino)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine mashed bananas, pure vanilla extract and coconut oil in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the oats, quinoa flakes, shredded coconut, cinnamon, sea salt and baking powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Add the chocolate chips.
- Drop a tablespoon-full at a time onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet, about an inch apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.