By: Marcy J. Leblanc, RHN – Moncton, NB
A complete meal that can cook while you work!
Yields: 10 servings
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp mild curry paste
- 1 TBSP minced gingerroot
- 1 can tomatoes (28oz)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- ¾ cup red lentils
- 1 can (19oz) each: chickpeas , kidney beans, and black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- In 4.5 -6L slow cooker, combine onions, garlic, curry paste, ginger, tomatoes, broth, 2 cups of water and lentils.
- Cover and slow cook on low about 8 hours.
- Stir in chickpeas and kidney and black beans.
- Cover and cook on high until hot, about 30 minutes
- Stir in coriander, lemon juice, salt and pepper.