By: Debi Gallant, RHN – Riverview, NB
If you’re exploring the world of gluten-free, this is a great recipe to try. Teff is a gluten-free grain that can be found in most bulk food and health food stores.
- 1 1/2 cups Teff flour
- 1/4 cup Teff (whole grain)
- 2 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp gluten-free and aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup each flaxseed and chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw Agave syrup
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add walnuts, Chia, and flaxseed.
- In measuring cup, mix liquids together. Pour liquids into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop batter by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly by criss-crossing with a fork.
- Bake 12–15 minutes.
Leave a Reply