By: Amanda Bretthauer, RHN – Clinton, BC
“A really flavourful and colourful salad that will turn yam dislikers into yam lovers!”
- 4 cups peeled yams, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 4 TBSP maple syrup
- sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ cup fresh chopped parsley
- balsamic vinegar sweetened with a little maple syrup for a dressing
- Mix first 7 ingredients together and roast at 450 F until yams and onions are browned and carmelized.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Toss in fresh parsley and dressing. Let set 15 minutes before serving…….even better the next day!