By: Deloris Del Rio, Student of Holistic Nutrition – Quebec, QC
“My oldest daughter loves these (she is 5) because she gets to roll the dates and almonds in coconut and make them all “hairy”! Adding a bit of dried apple and cinnamon to this recipe makes them extra yummy!”
- equal parts finely chopped dates and finely chopped almonds
- shredded coconut
- optional: dried apples (1/4 amount apple to date ratio), and cinnamon (roughly 1 TBSP per 1 /3 cup of mixture)
- Mix both ingredients really well by hand or in a food processor.
- Take a teaspoon, and roll it in your hands into a ball.
- Place balls on a parchement paper- lined cookie sheet. If you need to, wet your hands often to prevent the dates from sticking too much to you.
- Roll the balls in the shredded coconut, place back on the paper-lined trays.
- To store them, place one layer of parchement paper in the cookie container, a layer of the “bombs”, another layer of paper, etc. and store them in the fridge.