By: Richard Major, RHN – Kelowna, BC
“I have not yet met a kid who has not liked these muffins. Especially when there are blueberries mixed in!”
- 2 ¼ cups spelt flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 TBSP ground flaxseed mixed with 3 TBSP water
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 TBSP vinegar with 1 cup almond/coconut milk or other milk alternative)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Optional: mix ½ cup blueberries or favourite fruit in with the batter!
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Whisk in wet ingredients and pour into sifted dry ingredients.
- Mix only until well blended (do not over mix).
- Scoop into muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.