By: Candace Bellavance, Student of Holistic Nutrition – Belle River, ON
“My grandmother will roast a large amount of these veggies as a side dish for any dinner meal and then we will snack on the leftovers later on (at room temperature). Tons of flavour and more satisfying than chips! Although they don’t like veggies, every now and again my kids will “sneak” in a couple of pieces if they are left alone with the veggies in a snack bowl!”
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 3 sweet potatoes or yams
- 4 onions
- 3 cloves garlic
1. Cut all vegetables into bite size pieces or chunks approx 1.5″” x 1.5″”. Onions can be quatered and garlic left whole.
2. Put all ingredients onto cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
3. Drizzle all with olive oil to lightly coat.
4. If desired, add sea salt and pepper for spice.
5. Roast in oven at 350 F for 45 min to 1 hour or until desired tenderness is reached.