By: Angela Sherwood, RHN – Oromocto, NB
A delicious way to deviate from the “usual” side veggies! Top with chicken or fish as a quick and healthy meal.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, washed, stemmed, and chopped
- ½ Cup vegetable broth
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the onion and garlic; sauté about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add the chard add mix well.
- Add the vegetable broth and the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Cover the pan and steam 5-7 minutes, until the chard is tender but not wilted.
- Season with pepper to taste, mix well, and serve.
Leave a Reply