By: Deloris Del Rio, Student of Holistic Nutrition – Quebec, QC
“My oldest daughter loses her mind for pumpkin, and she loves pumpkin smoothies! A great feature is that if you have extra, they can be frozen in popsicle trays, (as a frozen “pudding” treat) and eaten later. Deee-lish! ”
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin purée (I always use what I have from the fall, but can be substituted by canned pumpkin purée; try not to use pumpkin pie filling as it usually comes full of sugar and preservatives)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 TBSP molasses or 1TBSP maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp allspice, and/or cinnamon (to taste)
- 2 large ice cubes
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup cold rice, oat, or hemp beverage (to desired thickness of smoothie)
- Place all ingredients into a blender, process until smooth,
- Add more rice milk, if necessary, until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Serve with a sprinkling of cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup (if desired)!